John 3:7 " Marvel not that I said unto thee, Ye must be born again."
Are you a Christian?
In this day of multiple religions, and non-denominationalism it is important that we understand the meaning of what it is to be a Christian. The Bible is clear in its' definition of Christianity. Here are a few Bible truths you must understand in order to truly be saved.
1) Mankind is inherently wicked. The Bible teaches us that man is impure in his very nature. This begun with Adam and Eve in the Garden of Eden and has been passed down to every man, woman, boy, and girl that has been born since. Romans 5:12 states, "Wherefore, as by one man sin entered into the world, and death by sin; and so death passed upon all men, for that all have sinned:" In fact, we are told that the very best man can do on his own is wickedness before God. Isaiah 64:6 "But we are all as an unclean thing, and all our righteousnesses are as filthy rags; and we all do fade as a leaf; and our iniquities, like the wind, have taken us away."
If you have ever broken one of the ten commandments then you are guilty before God. James 2:10 "For whosoever shall keep the whole law, and yet offend in one point, he is guilty of all."
2) Christ was born, died, and rose again to make men righteous. Because of mans depravity he could not be reconciled to God by any of his own means. For this cause, God was manifest in the flesh, lived a perfect life, died on a cross, was buried, and on the third day arose that everyone that believed upon His Son may be saved and have eternal life. Jon 3:16 "For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." 2 Cor. 5:21 "For he [God] hath made him [Jesus] to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him."
1 Cor. 15:3, 4a "For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also recieved, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures; and that he was buried, and rose again the third day according to the scriptures."
Faith in the finished work of the only begotten Son of God is imputed unto the believer as righteousness. In other words, Jesus death paid the penalty for the law-breaker, and God can now forgive the sins of mankind and count them as righteous. The blood of Christ paid the price for the sins of man. Rom.4:5 " But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness."
3) God demands repentance. Repentance means to turn around completely. You turn FROM one thing UNTO another. In the case of salvation, one must abandon his/hers sins and turn to Christ for forgiveness.
Acts 20:21 "Testifying both to the Jews, and also to the Greeks, repentance toward God, and faith toward our Lord Jesus Christ"
Acts 3:19 "Repent ye therefore, and be converted, that your sins may be blotted out, when the times of refreshing shall come from the presence of the Lord;"
Acts 17:30 " And the times of this ignorance God winked at; but now commandeth all men everywhere to repent."
4) Confess and believe. Romans 10:9, 10 states, "That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved. For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation."
Romans 10:13 "For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved. "
5) God will make you a new creature.
2 Cor.5:17 "Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new."